We are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to service, maintain and repair forklift trucks and other material handling equipment at our customers premises in Essex and the surrounding areas .
This role comes with an excellent salary and annual bonus (potential earnings of up to £40k with overtime), a company pension, a company vehicle and the opportunity to work for one of the most reputable independent forklift dealers in the South East.
Our Field Service Engineers are based from their homes and from there attend customer sites to carry out servicing and repairs on a wide range of forklifts and material handling equipment. The engineer liaises daily with their designated service controller who is responsible for arranging and planning the engineer’s working day as efficiently as possible. Jobs are sent to the engineer electronically via our bespoke management system, and this is where all the work the engineer completes is documented. The contracted hours for our engineers are 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Many of our engineers choose to do overtime which is not limited and is paid at time and a half.
What we offer:
Basic 40 hour week
Excellent rate of pay (negotiable depending on experience)
Overtime paid at time and a half
Branded company van and fuel card provided
All travel paid
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
AE pension scheme
We're a successful, long-established company who realises that the backbone of its success is its staff! No-one is just a payroll number!
Our Service Management Team collectively has in excess of 100 years’ experience in the forklift service business.
We offer In-house and industry specific training courses offered to all our engineers.
We only supply premium quality material handling products, so predominantly you'll be working on the best equipment that the industry has to offer.
Your abilities & experience:
· Full driving licence
· GSCE C grades or above in English, maths and mechanical C&G or NVQ level 2 equivalent
· 3 years+ experience in the materials handling industry (as an engineer)
· Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience preferred
· Proficient in fault finding and repair.
· Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice.
· Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to multi‐task.
· Ability to work independently or in a team.
· Good communication skills.
If you feel you have what it takes, and meet all of the above criteria, then please get in touch today.